Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Jake Johnson

Randy King again folks, this time with an interview with Jake Johnson. Johnson was one of my favorite recruits of 2009, and despite the fact he cut his hair (bad idea there Sampson) he may be my favorite defensive player this year. An exerpt:

Before arriving on campus last June for second-session summer classes, Johnson already had achieved semi-cult hero status inside Hokie Nation from a picture that had circulated on the Internet from his 2007 summer-camp visit to Tech.

Johnson worked out that day in a sleeveless T-shirt that flaunted his bulging biceps. His long blonde locks and wild-eyed expression in the photo instantly infatuated the program's staunchest pilgrims.

"Somebody e-mailed the picture to me and I was like, 'man, I look pretty crazy.' I thought it was pretty cool, really," Johnson said laughing.

No comments: