Thursday, April 9, 2009

Spring News

Because no news is sometimes worse than any news, here is an update from Planet Blacksburg on the spring practices. An exerpt:

Another major point of interest to be highlighted in the spring game is the battle at tailback between last year's starter Darren Evans and the highly touted Ryan Williams, who redshirted his first season.

"I bring a lot of versatility to the game," Williams said.

Williams said the redshirt season last year was great preparation for himself as a player.

"I feel like I'm a lot more prepared mentally and physically also. I was 196 coming in last year, now I weigh 213. I feel like, with all that being said, I'm ready," said Williams.

In response to the pressure of playing with such high expectations, Williams said he relishes it.

"Well I love it. I love it. I mean, I can't get enough of it just because there's people that put you up there and a lot of em' feel like your not gonna meet the expectations. I like being put there and going higher than the expectations."

No comments: