Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring Practice Report

Here is an update on Spring Practice from Vt.fanfoc.us. Enjoy, and here is an exerpt:

Beamer:

"Off the top of my head, I thought that Tony Gregory looked smooth at wide receiver and showed some speed. I liked the way Austin Fuller looked at receiver as well. He has some good hands.

Tyrod Taylor looked very much in control. I still think our offensive line is the most athletic that we've had in some time. But, really, when you're in shorts, it's hard to get a true read on who's doing what."

Newsome:

"At left tackle, we'll start with Ed Wang. I like what he's all about and I like the way he got better as the season went along. Late in the season, he was much more aggressive. He had some issues in the Florida State game. But, from that point on, he got better and better.

I think Nick Becton, Ed's back-up, is a guy who has a chance to be special. This is a huge spring for Nick. He needs to earn himself some playing time. I want to make sure that he gets quality reps and see what he can do."

No comments: