Sunday, March 29, 2009

Josh Furman

I recently saw some highlights for Furman - both offensive and defensive - and he looked really good. Not necessarily a speed guy, but looks to have a great build. I would imagine that we're recruiting him on the defensive side of the ball as a safety or WHIP.

He takes good angles to the ball, has good straight line speed and hits like a Mack truck. There isn't a lot of clips on him in space, but I think he's got the athleticism to really shine in our system. He looks a lot like Lorenzo Williams on film, and would be a fantastic pickup this year, especially with ROVER being vacant in the next few years.

1 comment:

DraperRdHokie said...

After looking at Furman's combine times, I may want to retract my "good straight line speed" and replace it with "fantastic straight line speed." He recently ran a 4.38 40 at the Scout combine in Maryland.